Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some guy tried to mug me tonight so...that was interesting...

Notice I said "tried," because no way was I going to let him succeed! It was cold, and I had to wait a while for the bus, so I decided to wander around. The whole story of how we "met" isn't that interesting, so to make a long story short, he said "Hands up!" and gestured his hand-in-jacket-pocket at me, and I said, "No!" and kept walking. He yelled something after me but I promptly reached a main street and went back to the bus stop. It would be a better story if I could tell you that my "no" was calm and firm, but really it was more half-laugh, half-incredulousness because, A) I couldn't believe what was happening, and B) I couldn't believe the guy thought I'd actually do what he said. If he'd really had a gun, it would not have been in his pocket---we were not in a bank or something where it would be necessary to hide it. Also, it would have had to have been the smallest gun ever because his windbreaker was the fitted track-jacket kind, with small pockets.

You might be wondering if I called the cops? The answer is no, for two reasons. First I don't have a cell phone; even though it might seem otherwise from this story (of an isolated incident), I really don't need one. Second, reporting him would have necessitated me pausing and taking the time to study him for a description, and since I used all my quick thinking time sizing-up the non-threat, I wasn't about to waste more time looking at him for justice's sake :) .

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I'm glad you laughed... but I think I'd be scared... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! he actually does read the blog, so if he doesn't know yet, he probably will eventually :) .

    ReplyDelete