Rika and Rusty Shackleford, February 2009
"The thing is...time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions; go and do it!"
Sunday, May 16, 2010
I'm traveling to Denmark alone...
and I'm as nervous as I am excited: I've never been anywhere by myself where English is not the primary language spoken. But Rika, who is my awesome, wonderful artist friend from Camp---and who visited me last year---is having an art show opening on June 19th in Denmark which will be really cool to attend, and anyway it's about the only time my free-time matches up with her schedule, so I splurged on a ticket (I could have gotten a much cheaper one, but because of time limitations and my desire to avoid as many complicated transfers as possible, I paid extra to take a direct flight from Birmingham airport [distance and significance-wise, Wolverhampton is to Birmingham as Everett is to Seattle]) and found a hostel and will cross my fingers that I won't get hopelessly taken for a ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment