Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Journey Through British Sweets: Jelly Babies

Jelly babies are a classic British candy.

The original brand, Bassetts.
Flavors: excellent fruityness, not chemically at all
Texture: hard to describe, somewhere between a Swedish fish and a gummy bear.
Overall: Jelly Babies are very tasty, and I will miss them when I return home.
 
I do have two relatively superficial complaints though:
1. The (rice?) flour used to coat the gummies is messy and unnecessary.

2. The back of the packaging highlights the nutritional benefits of Jelly Babies. As if! Such idiocy is not original to Jelly Babies (Trevor has an advertisement removed from Haggen in disgust which proclaims the healthy inclusion of Runts Skittles in a person's daily fruits & vegetables), but that's not an excuse.
Also, I am given to wonder what the Bassetts marketing department was on when it came up with such absurd character names.

1 comment:

  1. it was skittles. the sign said that skittles contained 85% of your daily vitamin c intake. which though true, its moronic.

    ReplyDelete