On our way to
Llandudno, we stopped in
Snowdonia National Park, to take a short walk up a "mountain" (re: a big hill) and eat lunch. I brought my own baguette to transfer my sandwich fixings to, because, just as I anticipated, the pack-lunch sandwich was slathered with margarine. If a pre-made sandwich doesn't have mayonnaise here, you can bet it has margarine/butter instead, which is pretty interesting: I know people in the US who use butter as a sandwich spread on their own homemade sandwiches, but I can't remember ever seeing it on commercial sandwiches.
Can you see the tiny people?
There was a lake at the top of the hill-mountain. I bought those capris and some sunblock the day before; it's not as if I thought I'd need either while here :) .
Jackie, wading, or "paddling" as they say here. Jackie teaches religious studies and accounting.
Colin, after I got in a pretty good burn. Colin teaches business. He freaked me out big-time when I first met him because he put on this stiff Englishman facade, and he's very strict with the students. But really he's a big goof.
I am SOOOO glad you are 1) alive (I was getting worried not having the url for your blog that I just facebook stalked to get, haha) and 2) having fun! I miss you so much! My bridal shower was last weekend, and my bachelorette party is next week, but I'll be honest: this wedding stuff just isn't the same without you.
ReplyDeletehahaha! I totally thought I sent you the link. I REALLY miss you and am wicked sad about not being there for everything :( ; I kind of try not to think about it, but I *do* like getting your updates :D .
ReplyDeleteAre you... outside... in nature???
ReplyDelete