Friday, April 30, 2010

You'll NEVER guess what I did yesterday!

What am I least likely to do while I'm here?

Besides camping [shudder]. I immediately declined when that opportunity was offered.

That's right, hiking! And I did it yesterday, for six hours!! Half of that in the RAIN. My cooperating Geography teacher, Cerys {care-iss}, has been working with a group of students on a study of rivers, and since the project requires actual field work, she arranged a "field trip" to the Shropshire Hills, [the link is to a ridiculously long explanation of the area's geology, and is mostly for my gran] to study the development of small river from its source-springs, on down. She asked me if I wanted to be the second required staff member, and it really isn't like I'm in a position to decline, plus I had no idea what I was getting into. Also, she's been so awesome, I didn't want to disappoint her. So instead of me grumbling, here are some photos:

Hills, with the students left in the shot for perspective.




Cool hill tree.


 More hills. Also Cerys.


And the photos I really like, pictures of the students mid-jump across the stream:



3 comments:

  1. I don't see a photo of a pink parasol anywhere...am I to assume you left it at home?! I almost don't believe you were out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! The students think I'm "interesting" enough as it is; the addition of a parasol would definitely be pushing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O England, ye know not what ye have asked! Wow, Chelsers, while I was reading that I was imagining "I Vow to Thee My Country" playing in the background . . .

    ReplyDelete