Thursday, July 1, 2010

End of Term Craziness

I have been and am pretty overwhelmed---we're busy trying to wrap up the term (tomorrow, Friday is the last day), and I'm also trying to pack and ship stuff out.

I went on geography field trips with my sixth graders, and ninth graders to a rural village called Trysull. The country walk we took the sixth graders on was not kept up; we ended up having to traipse through stinging nettles, which are EVERYWHERE in England.

A chicken chasing the sixth graders. Seriously.


Poppies in a wheat field.


Best! Scarecrow! Ever!


Peter & Cerys waiting for lunch. Peter teaches shop; he's the best! He was friendly and kind from the start; I'm going to miss seeing him around.


This was weird. I noticed it down by the gutter, in a corner on the outside of Trysull's Saint Michael Church. It reads "Entrance to Vault / H. Jesson Esq. / October 1841". There is NO indication of a vault anywhere...


On an unrelated note, the art students put up an exhibition of their AMAZING work, and I ran across these two misplaced photos of Mike, my cooperating history teacher, apparently acting as a model. He's not a serious guy, so these make me laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment